I am sharing and speaking from my experience when I applied at DFA NCR West, 5/F SM Manila, near Manila City Hall.
Before going to any DFA Branch, prepare your documents plus a photocopy of your ID.
I entered the DFA Authentication area at about 11:22am and out at 12:05pm, including the line and the walk in and out of the passport processing area’s cashier.
Process (45 minutes):
- You will be asked to turn off your phones before entering, so do so beforehand. Cameras and food are also prohibited.
- Present your documents at the entrance of DFA upon inspection.
- You will be asked if you want Express (1 working day) or Regular (4 working days) processing.
- The inspector will hand you the form for the type of process that you prefer.
- There are three (3) rows of seats where all of you will be seated whilst filling up the form. (It moves so be considerate to all people behind you).
- On your turn, present the form, photocopy of ID, and documents for authentication.
- Once document/s are verified, you will be given four (4) copies of what would be your receipt/claim slip.
- Go out of the authentication processing area and go to the passport processing area cashier.
- Present the slips at the cashier and pay the required fee: Express (PHP 200/document); Regular (PHP 100/document). Prepare exact amount as much as possible.
- Cashier will give you back the two (2) slips. A pink and a blue one.
- Go back to the authentication area and drop the pink receipt. Keep the blue one as your claim slip on the release date.
- Express processed documents can be claimed the next working day.
- Regular processed documents can be claimed on the fourth (4th) working day from the date of application.