DFA Authentication “Red Ribbon” at DFA NCR West SM Manila

I am sharing and speaking from my experience when I applied at DFA NCR West, 5/F SM Manila, near Manila City Hall.

Before going to any DFA Branch, prepare your documents plus a photocopy of your ID.

I entered the DFA Authentication area at about 11:22am and out at 12:05pm, including the line and the walk in and out of the passport processing area’s cashier. 

Process (45 minutes):

  1. You will be asked to turn off your phones before entering, so do so beforehand. Cameras and food are also prohibited.
  2. Present your documents at the entrance of DFA upon inspection.
  3. You will be asked if you want Express (1 working day) or Regular (4 working days) processing.
  4. The inspector will hand you the form for the type of process that you prefer.
  5. There are three (3) rows of seats where all of you will be seated whilst filling up the form. (It moves so be considerate to all people behind you).
  6. On your turn, present the form, photocopy of ID, and documents for authentication.
  7. Once document/s are verified, you will be given four (4) copies of what would be your receipt/claim slip.
  8. Go out of the authentication processing area and go to the passport processing area cashier.
  9. Present the slips at the cashier and pay the required fee: Express (PHP 200/document); Regular (PHP 100/document). Prepare exact amount as much as possible.
  10. Cashier will give you back the two (2) slips. A pink and a blue one.
  11. Go back to the authentication area and drop the pink receipt. Keep the blue one as your claim slip on the release date.
  12. Express processed documents can be claimed the next working day. 
  13. Regular processed documents can be claimed on the fourth (4th) working day from the date of application.

24 thoughts on “DFA Authentication “Red Ribbon” at DFA NCR West SM Manila

      1. Kaylangan pa po bang ipa red ribbon ung prc id board cert at board rating?

      2. Hi Charmaine, if you’re going to use it outside of the country for what ever purpose, you have to authenticate it through DFA.

    1. Hi po mam, ask lng po f ano po need kasi uutosan ko po brother ko para ipa red ribbon ang driver’s license ko po bz kasi po ako tuwing sunday lng off ko ok na po ba f authorizarion letter lng ipadala ko tnx po sa sagot..😊😊

      1. Hi Kevin, yes, give him the documents along with the authorization letter and your ID copy as well. He must being his ID also just in case they need to verify his identity.

  1. Ma’am any idea kung anong gagawin sakaling respresentative nalang ang magprocess ng red ribbon sa DFA? Pls reply on my email. Thank you

  2. Hi ma[‘a]m, allowed po ba magpa[-]Red Ribbon ulit kung ipapa[-]update ang COE? Halimbawa tapos na [akong magpa-]CAV and after 5 to 6 mos., [nag-]update ako ng COE ko. P’wede po ba e-as one ulit ang pagpapa[-]CAV ng COE or ‘yong in-update lang ang ipapa-CAV. Pa[a]no po ba ‘yon? Any idea po?

  3. Hi, may I ask if there’s a required size of bond paper when the DT Form 002 will be photocopied? The page doesnt fit on a long bond paper so I have it photocopied in A4. Thanks

  4. hi maam…kailangan po ng husband ko na e pa red ribbon yung birth and marriage certificate and NBI naka authenticated na po sya lahat…kailangan bang DFA authenticated sya bago ma pa red ribbon.

    1. Hi Rhea, DFA Authentication is a certificate with Red Ribbon and seal on it. That’s why it is known as “Red Ribbon” but it is the same thing.

  5. Hello po, ask ko lng po if need pa ba tlaga ipa rtc muna ang COE before sa DFA?
    Salamat po. Pano po if andito ako sa oversea and ung SPA ko po sa mother ko sya magprocess?

  6. Hello po mam, tanong ko lang po kung kelangan pa ng Special Power of Attorney kung mag papa Red Ribbon po ako ng hindi ko po pangalan?

  7. Help po how to authenticate diploma and tor. I have the CAV from ched long ago. Can you please guide me about this.? My school is in leyte.

    1. Hi Mark Neil, if you have obtained the CAV, you can bring it to DFA for authentication. However, make sure that you are complying to the requirements of the country you are entering and/or planning to submit/use your documents for.

  8. hello pls pede po ung autjhoprization na print lang sent from messenger.. no needn aung spa from embassy Greece. representative here

    1. Hi Generose, can you clarify your question about the SPA? For the authorization letter, I suggest make a decent letter to present to the authority. It does not have to be typewritten and too formal; it can be just neatly handwritten, and direct to the point; as long as it is signed and accompanied with proof (ID). Save a copy of the letter format you just made and use it whenever you have to authorize any person who will help you process your document.

  9. Hello maam! Any idea ho kung pede bang ipa red riboon sa dfa pampanga kahit na sa manila city hall napa notarized. Salamat.

    1. Hi Reizel! I’ve been away for so long that I’ve only got the chance to read and reply to the comments just now. Red Ribbon (Apostille) can be done in any branch, as far as I know, only the RTC should be in the same area.

Leave a Reply to Charls Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s