DFA Authentication “Red Ribbon” for COE (Certificate of Employment) and Seminar Certificates

I am sharing and speaking from my experience when I applied for DFA Authentication of my COE.

Before going to DFA, you have to notarize your certificate, then go to the RTC.

I went to Manila City Hall RTC to process my COE (Certificate of Employment) and one of my Seminar Certificates since I have to drop-off other documents at DFA NCR West (5/F SM Manila) right after.

Reminder: Apply at the RTC branch where your document was notarized. If you notarized your document at Manila, send your documents at RTC of Manila.

There’s a lot of affidavit–notary right below the Regional Trial Court Manila (RTC Manila), just prepare at least one (1) photocopy of each certificate before going in because each copy costs 2.00 PhP. I was asked for my PRC ID and where it was applied.

Process (45 minutes) & Claim (3 days):

1. Present documents to be notarized (photocopy) at the lawyer’s office and let them create an affidavit. 

2. The photocopy will then become attachment/s to that affidavit. They will notarize it. PHP 200/document

3. Go to Manila Regional Trial Court (Rm. 401 Manila City Hall)

4. They have templates for the authentication ready to receive your name (thru typewriters.) PHP 25.00/ document

5. You will then be given a Claim Stub

6. To be passed at Window 4 outside room 401. PHP 75.00/document

7. Go back after three (3) working days.*

*Working days: Mon-Fri, holidays not included.

8. Bring the claimed document to DFA for authentication.

Click here for DFA Authentication Process.

63 thoughts on “DFA Authentication “Red Ribbon” for COE (Certificate of Employment) and Seminar Certificates

    1. They will be asking and processing the photocopy of the certificate. But I think it would not be much of a hassle to bring the original certificate just in case they asked to check it first.

  1. Hi. [P’wede] bang [‘yung] pinsan ko ang pumunta [para magpa-notary] sa [Manila City Hall?]

  2. Hello, ask ko lang if required ba ang personal appearance sa pag process ng DFA Authentication ng COE. I’m currently living here in UAE kasi. Thank you and God bless you.

    1. I believe it is not required, however you should give your representative an authorization letter and photocopy of your I.D./s to go with your documents. If not, you should make time to walk your papers once you get the chance to have your vacation in the Philippines.

  3. Nasa abroad kasi ako ngayon, balak ko kasi na ang sister ko ang mag pa affidavit sa notary, sa RTC at sa DFA. Anong documents ang kailangang dalhin? At nakatira pala sya sa Laguna

    1. Depende po sa documents na ipapa-notaryo n’yo. Kailangan niyo po ng original na document at ipa-photocopy ninyo lahat. Kasama na ang mga I.D.

      Maaari niyo pong i-check sa Biñan RTC kung sakaling may mga additional requirements sila. Bigyan niyo s’ya ng “Authorization Letter” sakaling kailanganin o hanapin.

  4. Maam, meron ba validity ang red-ribbon? Sabi kc ng iban 2013 below hindi na accepted kailangan daw ng bago red ribbon..meron kc ako extra nakared ribbon PRC CERT. and Rating gusto ko PRC ID lang ipa authenticate ko at ipa red ribbon ok lang kaya yun?
    – ano difference ng pa authenticate sa PRC office at mag pa authenticate sa city hall? Gusto ko sana punta sa cityhall nalang, RTC tapos next sa DFA na,

    1. Hi Yhanz, yes. As far as I know, you can use the “Red Ribbon” or Authenticated document for 3 or 5 years maximum. (Not sure, needs to be verified with DFA.)

      Since it is a photocopy of your PRC ID, PRC has the discretion to prove that it is indeed a copy of your ID. And the RTC will not accept it if it is not PRC Authenticated.

  5. Hi! Ask ko lang po if hinanapan pa po kayo noon ng photocopy of any [Government] IDs [ng] lawyer na [naka-undersign] sa COE [niyo]? Hinahanapan pa po kasi ako… Thanks.

  6. [Nasa] ibang bansa [‘yung] husband ko and need [niya ipa-Red Ribbon ‘yung COE niya, paano ‘yung] process[?]

    1. Hi Cherry,

      Please check with DFA if you could apply in behalf of your husband. Most probably you will have to prepare an Authorization Letter signed by your husband as well as copies of your & your husband’s IDs.

  7. Thank you for the information. Ask ko lang po if ang former work ko ay sa Laguna then ung present job ko dito sa Manila na. Pag magpapanotarized ba ako ng COE pwede pareho dito na sa Manila kasi dito na po ako nakareside? Thanks po.

    1. Hi Donna,

      I am not sure with this. But in my case, the company I was in is in Quezon City and I did not have any problems.

      I think, maybe, you are referring to the notary and RTC authentication. In this case, the notary office should be in the same area of the RTC you are planning to pass your documents to.

      Hope this helps.

  8. Hi. Good day. Okay lang ba e notarized yung COE ko dito sa manila even of sa province yung place of issuance ng certificate of employment? Thank you.

    1. Hi Audrey, my COE came from Quezon City and I applied in RTC in Manila, although they are both in NCR. I am not sure if you are going to have issues regarding the origin of COE and applying for notary in another city. I believe you can notarize your documents anywhere in the country.

    2. Hi ms. Audrey. Ask lang po anu po requirements need para mapa-notarized ang COE? O KELANGAN po ba orig and photo copy lang ng COE?

  9. Hi..ano pong affidavit ang need ipa notaryo before going to the RTC for the CANA, for Certificate of employment na ipaparedribbon?

      1. hi pwede din po ba eh pa red ribbon yung diploma kahit na vocational course lang? thank you

  10. Hi, Ask ko lang pede ren ba training certification sa process ng COE and Seminars attended? Thank you.

    And any RTC near in my location pwede po magpunta ? Salamat.

  11. grabe ako siningil 1K at room 234 as ready na daw lahat yun (COE as 5pcs documents) for DFA. 3days working days din bago makuha. Haiys.

  12. Yun po ko COE ay galing sa abroad pwede po bang ipa inotarized ito sa pinas under rtc..then ipad red ko ito dfa..

    1. Hi Alexandre, do you mean you worked overseas before and your COE is issued by a foreign company? Honestly, I do not know as I haven’t tried to bring such documents. I am sharing only by experience and I submitted documents that are issued in the Philippines only.

      But you could try and share with us about this.

  13. Hi ask ko lang po if magkaiba ang pgnotarize ng documents sa certified true copy? dito kc sa malapit samin dapat daw original ang inotarize tpos ang photocopy ng document eh certified true copy lang. hay I’m confused T_T

    1. Hi Vhan, Certified True Copy (CTC) is issued by the organization/company/entity where the original document came from — ipapa-photocopy mo ang original na document tapos lalagyan ng stamp/sign (or what ever their way of certifying) kung saan nang-galing ang document mo, basically, sinasabi nila na totoong copy ito ng document na galing sa amin, nothing is altered.

      The lawyer will then attach this CTC of a document to an affidavit then notarize it.

      I suggest to go another office for the notary.

  14. Hello. Magpapa red ribbon sana ako ng COE ko. Ask ko lang po, if kailangan ko pa ipa update ang COE ko kc nakuha ko pa un year 2012. Thank you.

    1. Hi. If you are currently working at the company that issued the COE, you will need to get a new one to have the information updated. If no information needs to be changed from the COE, I think you can still use that. You can call their office to be sure.

  15. Hi Ms. Nikki, kailangan ko e red ribbon ang mga Docs ko. My question is paanu yung payment if i have two COE’s and 6 certificates? pag sinabi ba per document ang bayad ibig bang sabihin kahit ilang COE 1 lng babayaran mu? Thank you in advance.

  16. Other than the authenticated copies and originals. What are needed items to be ask to present in red ribbon at DFA?

  17. Hello Miss Nikita. Ask lang din about these authentication stuffs, I recently got my COE from my past employer sa abroad, so it means it is from another country yung COE. Maauthenticate parin naman yun diba? since its just like any other COEs doesnt matter if its from here or abroad. Thanks in advance!

    1. Hi Joseph; Honestly, I am not sure with this. I think authentication is for documents issued in the Philippines only. I have not tried doing or asked about this situation. If you managed to ask the DFA, I would appreciate if you could share the information with us. Thanks!

      1. I asked my OFW friends who already experienced these process, and they say that it doesnt matter where the paper came from; as long as it is legit and valid, it can be authenticated by DFA. 😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s